Girls volleyball sweeps Peters Township

Via Creative Customs

The boys’ volleyball team suffered a 3-0 loss against Canon Mac yesterday, leaving the team with a 1-3 record.

Sarah Fader, Staff Writer

After a tough loss earlier in the week, the girls volleyball team got back on track in a big way on Wednesday by sweeping Peters Township.

Following a Tuesday loss to Bethel Park, senior Erin Ferrari said, the team became more determined.

“Everyone just came back together, regrouped, and focused on winning,” Ferrari said.

Ferrari said the scores Wednesday were never too close, but the match wasn’t exactly easy.

“A lot of our team is sick and hurt, so our three freshmen had to step up and start,” Ferrari said.

Those freshmen were Alexandra Schenk, Mia Hampsay, and Allison Murray. Schenk and Murray are hitters, while Hampsay was the starting setter. All three played well, Ferrari said.

She added that two upperclassmen stood out during the game.

Junior Bri Phillips is a middle who had a lot of great shots. Senior Sydney Kaercher had to play a different position than normal during the game.

“She did a really great job adjusting,” Ferrari said.

The team is about halfway through the season and still has a chance to make playoffs. The team’s next game is Tuesday against an undefeated Upper St. Clair team.

“We really want to take that away from them and come out pretty strong,” Ferrari said.