three rivers

Boys lacrosse loses to Lebo

The+Baldwin+boys+lacrosse+team+plays+in+the+3A+division.+
Grace Hampton
The Baldwin boys lacrosse team plays in the 3A division.

The Baldwin boys lacrosse team lost 17-3 against the Mount Lebanon Blue Devils on Wednesday night.

The Highlanders had trouble starting off offensively in the first half, along with struggling to contain Mount Lebanon’s faceoffs. 

“Their faceoff taker did not lose one all night, which really set us back,” junior Gavin Serafini.

Junior Cenzo Pacella said Mount Lebanon’s offense did a great job of passing the ball around and getting open looks. 

“We can improve on team defense as a whole and we need to do a better job following our cutters better,” Serafini said. 

The Highlanders still feel they have room to learn and improve for future matchups. 

“If we play more consistent defense, our games will be close and more in our favor,”  Pacella said.

On the bright side, Serafini scored two goals for Baldwin and junior Trevor Brain also scored.

“I think I played my part well against their tough defense, scoring two goals. But I feel like as a whole, we could have done better,” Serafini said. 

The Highlanders have a tough schedule ahead of them, with their next game against Trinity away on Saturday.