JRMVideoProduction

Quadeca’s mixtape is fine, but underwhelming

Quadecas career kicked off on YouTube and now he creates music under the pop rap genre. Image courtesy of Quadeca.
Quadeca’s career kicked off on YouTube and now he creates music under the pop rap genre. Image courtesy of Quadeca.

Though containing some great tracks, Quadeca’s new mixtape Scrapyard does not live up to the hype generated after his 2022 album I Didn’t Mean to Haunt You.

There are a lot of good tracks, but they often clash as listeners progress through the mixtape. Compared to the overarching story and flow of I Didn’t Mean to Haunt You, Scrapyard feels a little unfinished. It is still pretty good, though, and there are not any bad tracks on it.

“Guess Who” is the most unique track on the mixtape. It is a lot louder and more aggressive than any other track on Scrapyard, making it one of the most memorable tracks on the mixtape. In it, Quadeca raps about how rich and famous he now is, while harkening back to his origins as a YouTuber who made diss tracks.

Another great track on the mixtape is “Guide Dog.” It is very quiet and mournful, unlike “Guess Who.” Quadeca is comparing himself to a guide dog because he is always at his girlfriend’s side, helping her. Though it sounds like a nice love song, the music makes listeners realize that Quadeca is not exactly enthused about his role in their relationship.