pages

DeTiger makes her mark on debut album

Blu DeTiger’s debut album establishes her as an ambitious and effortlessly cool individual. 

Blu DeTiger’s debut album, All I Ever Want is Everything, establishes the artist as an ambitious and effortlessly cool individual. 

DeTiger is a bassist who gained popularity on TikTok in 2020, where she would post covers of songs by famous artists, such as Ariana Grande and Janet Jackson. 

DeTiger is raw with her emotions throughout the album, especially on the songs “Dangerous Game” and “Sad Girl Syndrome.” In both songs, DeTiger expresses how she often finds herself on an “emotional rollercoaster,” but she embraces it. In “Sad Girl Syndrome,” she writes, “You can’t have a high without a low.”

She furthers this message in the album’s eighth track, “Cut Me Down,” featuring Mallrat. In the song, she repeats the line “Every time you cut me down / I just laugh it off.” In this song, DeTiger establishes that she is prone to adversity but fights it each time. 

Throughout the album, DeTiger incorporates different types of guitars. For example, in “Overdrive,” the melodies are electric and upbeat, yet in “Imposter Syndrome” it is acoustic and solemn. Through the use of different guitars, DeTiger emphasizes the range of her emotional state and creates a sense of relatability with listeners. 

All I Ever Want is Everything is an enjoyable listening experience for pop enthusiasts and is a strong and promising debut.