Advanced Exterior Cleaning

Timberlake’s new music lacks energy

Everything I thought it was is slower than past albums. Photo Courtesy of RCA Records.
“Everything I thought it was” is slower than past albums. Photo Courtesy of RCA Records.

Pop singer Justin Timberlake’s new album, Everything I Thought It Was, ultimately disappoints.

Timberlake has had many pop albums in the past that were great hits, but the songs on his newest album shows off a new, slower style that is boring. 

The opening song, “Memphis,” has a slower tone which is ultimately not as interesting to listen to. 

Another song that is really just hard to listen to is “Liar.” It has the same tempo and tone as the opening song, and this is a repetitive pattern he continuously uses for most of the songs. 

Comparing his music to music from his past, such as “Rock Your Body,” these new songs are just not as exciting to listen to.

Not only will this slower music disappoint his teenage fans, but the young kids who like the music he has made for the movie franchise Trolls recently will be even more disheartened by the tone and beats of the music.

Overall, Timberlake has some work to do with his music career. Listening to his fans more may help him in the near future, but there is no high hope if he keeps putting out music like this album.