flexible recovery

2 rookies having big years in NBA

The NBA currently has 30 cities, but is looking to expand.
Photo via Creative Commons

Most NBA players usually don’t get that much recognition or playing time in their early years, but this year and the draft have changed many opinions and previous expectations. 

Two players who have especially stood out this year are Victor Wembanyama of the Spurs and Brandin Podziemski of the Warriors. They have shown their skills and why they should be playing pro but in very different ways. 

Wembanyama is a 7’4” power forward/center and is a threat offensively and defensively because of his size. His career-high rebounds are 20, blocks are 10, and points are 38. 

He is tough to guard because of his height and his off-ball awareness. He is also very coordinated for his size and can score whenever for his team.

Podziemski is a talented point guard who is strong on offense and defense, scoring 25 and eight assists for his career highs. He also has perfect chemistry with his teammates, which is rare for a rookie to have with veterans in this game. 

Both players were first-round picks in the NBA draft, Wembanyama being the first pick and Podziemski being the 19th. 

Both players were successful even before going pro. Podiemski went to Santa Clara University and was one of the team’s standout players. Even though Wembanyama has no college experience, he played in the LNB Pro A top professional league in France. 

Overall, these players show people that rookies can be successful.”

Overall, these players show people that rookies can be successful.

The Warriors have been very fortunate to have Podziemski on their team. He plays very well with his teammates, especially Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson. He fits well into this team because he is a shooter and a player who can move the ball around effectively. 

The Spurs are fortunate to have Wembanyama because he offers an advantage against other teams with his height and coordination. He can run up and down the court with ease while making some great plays for his teammates, like Tre Jones and Keldon Johnson. 

Both of these players have bright futures and will continue to shine in the NBA.