Carik

‘Argylle’ is so bad it’s great fun

Despite+the+movies+easily+predictable+plot%2C+Argylle+provides+an+enjoyable+watch.+Photo+via+Universal+Pictures.++
Despite the movies easily predictable plot, “Argylle” provides an enjoyable watch. Photo via Universal Pictures.

Argylle is one of the most predictable, cheesy – and awesome – movies in recent times. 

The movie follows spy-novel author Elly Conway (Bryce Dallas Howard) as she learns that events in the novels she has written have become real events. She is then chased by an evil spy organization that believes she knows the location of the “masterkey.” 

The movie has an absurd number of plot twists, but all of them are extremely obvious. That only makes the film more funny. The plot is an absurd satire of modern action movies.

The action scenes are outrageous, featuring a Jeep driving on top of buildings and Elly Conway ice skating on crude oil. The goofy action keeps the movie feeling fresh throughout the film.

The CGI is not the best, though. For a movie with a $200 million budget, it does not look that good. There is a cat that looks especially fake in all of the parts of the movie that focus on it. 

The movie features an elite cast, with Dua Lipa, John Cena, and Samuel L. Jackson all playing wonderful supporting roles. All of the actors perform very well, and they clearly get that this is not a serious movie.

This film is a highly enjoyable and fun movie. Even though the movie is 139 minutes, it is a continually fast-paced and exciting film.