Detailing

New album from Lopez is disappointing

Jennifer Lopezs new album features her well-known and great vocals, but the music disappoints. Photo via Jennifer Lopez.
Jennifer Lopez’s new album features her well-known and great vocals, but the music disappoints. Photo via Jennifer Lopez.

This Is Me…Now by Jennifer Lopez is a solid but somewhat disappointing pop album. 

This album has 13 songs and was a follow-up to her 2002 album, This is Me … Then, which was inspired by her romance with Ben Affleck. The couple got married in August 2022 and still are going strong today. 

But mostly these new songs don’t have great lyrics and do not stand out to me when compared to other songs in the pop category. 

Some of the best songs on this album are “Mad in Love,” “Not Going Anywhere,” and “Dear Ben, Pt. II.” These songs stand out because they have much better lyrics and are more thought out compared to the other songs on the album. 

The songs and overall vibe of the album don’t give listeners that much variety. Honestly, these songs are a letdown compared to some of her more popular songs. 

On a positive note, her vocals sound good and clear, which is surprising given that she is 54 years old. Lopez sounds like she did on her previous and successful albums and songs.

This album is kind of a letdown, but will most likely still be successful.