todd

Yeat returns with a dystopian theme and experimental sound

Yeats new album consists of many different types of sounds, contrasting to his other albums. Photo via Capitol Records

Yeat, the artist whom some would call the symbol of the new era of rap, has returned with the dystopian-style album 2093, showcasing his new sound.

Yeat attempts to secure his spot as a mainstream artist, but takes a different approach to this album compared to his previous works. 2093 is dystopian, representing Yeats’ vision of the year 2093. It’s a 70-minute album, packed with Yeats’ creativity, which is often underrated.

His use of synths and artificial noises contributes heavily to the theme of the album. His vocals and flows – unlike any fans have ever heard from him before – also help build this dystopian theme. Yeat offers a complex style on this album that almost no listeners would expect, and it shows that he sets no boundaries for himself.

Yeat completely changes his style throughout numerous songs; he switches from one beat to another, creating what is almost like a two-in-one song. “Power Trip” conveys this point the best: Every minute the sound has a complete switch.

His come up has been unappreciated, and is unlike any artist fans have ever seen. Each one of his albums is initially met with criticism, but the more people listen to it, the more they enjoy it. Listeners must adapt to Yeats’ sound over time, but once they do, it changes their entire perspective on the artist. 

His music is an acquired taste, which is prevalent in many underground artists, but is unusual from such a major artist like Yeat.

This album will more than likely follow that same pattern, and by the end of the year will be a highly discussed rap album of 2024. His blend of experimental and dystopian elements with his traditional sound will grab listeners more than any of his previous albums.