JRMVideoProduction

Fans of ‘Ted’ will like new TV series

New+ted+series+by+Seth+Macfarlane.+Photo+courtesy+of+Peacock.+
New ‘ted” series by Seth Macfarlane. Photo courtesy of Peacock.

The new Peacock miniseries Ted brings as many laughs as the first two movies in the first franchise.

The first two movies take place when John Bennett is an adult and Ted is well past his fame. In the new TV show, however, Bennett is still in high school and Ted is just past his fame.

The series portrays Bennett as a kid in high school with his only friend being a talking teddy bear. He lives in an ordinary Boston home with his parents and cousin. The series shows problems that he faces as a teenager, like getting bullied and having family problems, and it is all executed very well.

The series is only seven episodes, but it is written perfectly. Seth MacFarlane wrote it just like the first two Ted movies, and John Bennett’s role, played by Max Burkholder, is played perfectly: The Boston accent is spot on and he acts just like Mark Wahlberg in the previous movies.

The series also shows the origins of John and Ted starting things that they will do for the rest of their lives, like becoming obsessed with Flash Gordon. It also shows the moments before they create the “Thunder Buddies For Life” song that appears in the first Ted movie.

This should be on the top of the watch list for fans of Seth MacFarlane’s work, like Family Guy and the other Ted movies.