Mary Margaret Isabella

‘Family Plan’ puts fun twist on ex-spy storyline

The movie The Family Plan offers the perfect mix of action and heartfelt moments. Photo via Apple TV.

The movie The Family Plan offers the perfect mix of action and heartfelt moments.

Dan Morgan, played by Mark Wahlberg, attempts to hide his past life as an assassin and secret agent. He lives a normal life with his wife, played by Michelle Monaghan, and their three kids, but he has to pack it all up for a cross-country adventure to outrun his past. 

This movie is fun to watch. There are many times when it feels like the family will be caught and they barely avoid it. 

There is also a sense of humor throughout the whole movie that makes it feel more realistic.

It is nice that each family member has their own plot with their own issues. Watching a family drive across the country may sound boring, but the different stories provide constant entertainment.

Even though the ex-spy movie plot is overused, this movie does a good job of making a played-out plot concept new and entertaining.

Although the ending at first seems predictable, it also includes many plot twists.