wytiaz

Scream is set to return for the seventh time

Scream is an American slasher horror movie franchise that started up in 1996. 
Photo via Paramount Pictures.
Scream is an American slasher horror movie franchise that started up in 1996. Photo via Paramount Pictures.

The Scream producers have announced they will be releasing a seventh edition in the franchise, leaving horror fanatics wondering if it will match the same energy as the original three movies.

In the original 1996 film, two masked killers terrorize a small town, targeting a group of high school students. Survivors must uncover the identities of the killers before they become the next victims.

The franchise has made six Scream movies already, and most of the storylines have been based on the original film, with minor plot twists in each movie.

As they moved past the fourth movie, the franchise became more predictable. The movies just weren’t that interesting anymore, until fans heard they decided to finally add back the original characters in Scream 7 such as Billy Loomis, played by actor Skeet Ulrich and Sidney Prescott, played by actress Neve Campbell. 

Ulrich has confirmed he is returning as Billy Loomis in Scream 7, playing the character for the third time. But this time Ulrich is more likely to have a bigger role appearing through more of his daughter’s hallucinations throughout the movie. 

Actress Neve Campbell, the main character, originally left the franchise due to a pay dispute and her belief that she was not being treated properly on set. Campbell has debated her appearance in the new movie, but ultimately has decided to come back to the franchise itself if the producers agree to pay her what she deserves.

Moving on to the possibilities of the new movie, the production company and screen writers could follow in the footsteps of the Fast and Furious movies where the cycle repeats and the movies are still popular to viewers.

The question at hand is whether or not the franchise can keep viewers interested enough in order for the production company to make more movies.