Cirrus Advisors

`Hunger Games’ prequel will have to satisfy franchise fans

The new Hunger Games prequel must prove fans that the franchise is still worth watching.
Photo via IMDb
The new ‘Hunger Games’ prequel must prove fans that the franchise is still worth watching.

With the prequel to The Hunger Games series of films, Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes, coming out soon, fans are wondering if it will be as successful as the first two films in the franchise.

The movie, which is set to open on Nov. 17, will show the early life of the villain in Hunger Games, President Snow. It is also set to take place during the first Hunger Games competition.

The prequel will star Rachel Ziegler, who plays Lucy Gray Bird, and Tom Bylth, who plays President Snow. Tigris Snow was originally played by Eugenie Bondurant, but she will now be played by Hunter Schafer.

The Hunger Games is a very popular series of movies. The first two movies in this franchise, Hunger Games and Catching Fire, were more of a success because they focused on actual Hunger Games competitions. 

The last two films of the original four, Mockingjay Part 1 and Mockingjay Part 2, however, were about the rebellion. The fans wanted to see more action which the last two didn’t provide.

Hunger Games fans have mixed feelings about the upcoming film. Prequels are not always loved by fans, and many people believe that the original movies in any franchise should be left alone.

George Lucas’s prequels are a great example of how hard it is to create a successful prequel.

His first Star Wars prequels, Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones, were not a success. Some viewers didn’t even bother watching the third movie because of how bad the first two were. 

But those people who did not watch the third movie soon realized the big mistake they had made. The third movie, Revenge of the Sith, tells the story of how Anakin became Darth Vader, and it was a very big success. 

A big problem with prequels is that they don’t always provide the same feeling as the original. This was the main problem in Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. When the original movies are beloved by many, the prequels should give the fans the same feeling.

With all of the successful and unsuccessful prequels, viewers never know what to expect until the movie opens.