What to Binge Watch: `Breaking Bad’ tells a compelling story

The drama Breaking Bad stands as one of the best displays of television and film production in this generation.

Photo via Netflix.com

Tumi Ojo, Multimedia Editor

Running out of TV shows and movies to stream? The Purbalite is here to help, with another installment of our What to Binge Watch feature.

The show is about an overqualified high school chemistry teacher, Walter White, who is unhappy with both his job and life. His wife, Skylar White, is a pregnant struggling writer, and she ends up not being not a fan favorite. His son, Walter White Jr., is a lovable character who battles cerebral palsy.

Walter is then taken aback by his unexpected diagnosis of lung cancer, which he keeps from his family. He does not have the expenses to pay for his chemotherapy treatment and prescriptions, so he meets with former student Jesse Pinkman and together they produce and sell the drug methamphetamine

Breaking Bad is the perfect show to binge-watch because it is fast-paced, compelling, and emotionally evocative. 

Though there is little comedic relief throughout the show, it eloquently portrays the reality and dangers of drug dealing. 

This show is not for the squeamish because there is much profanity, blood, and violence. 

But overall, Breaking Bad is arguably one of the best shows of this era and definitely worth the watch.