PinkPantherness comes back with new EP after debut album

Take me Home released in December of 2022, one of the best pieces in her discography.

Photo via Spotify

Rakshya Kafle, Staff Writer

Take Me Home by PinkPantherness adds depth to the highly anonymous singer’s music.

PinkPantherness brings in common worries seen throughout generations in her new three-track EP. 

The 22-year-old mentions growing older but not being familiar with her age and the responsibilities of an adult. On “Take Me Home” she talks about opening up a letter of unpaid bills, something unknown to her as she had prepared  “to be so young till the end of time”. 

The song puts into words what each generation goes through once childhood ends and the beginning of the ‘imposter feeling’ at the start of adulthood. 

“They’ll make an adult of [her]” the day she hits 25 and she’s “not quite ready to be [an adult]” resonates with older high schoolers who are reaching the end of their secondary careers and are expected to behave and act like adults–a strange phenomena for many.

Take Me Home shows the artist from another angle and gives personality to her music since her debut album To Hell with It, released in late 2021, follows a generic formula that is seen commonly with other artists. 

The English singer started writing music in high school for a friend. Later in university, she posted her songs on TikTok in December 2020. 

In January 2021, her song “Pain” went viral and peaked at #35 on the UK Singles Chart in August of that same year. 

With other many hits, PinkPantherness is worth listening to.