Langer organizes “Movember” for junior class

Sam Tobiczyk

Liz Langer organized “Movember” along with junior class sponsor, RIchard Deemer.

Sam Tobiczyk, News Editor

Throughout November, the junior class is participating in weekly events to raise awareness about men’s cancer.

Junior Prom Chair Liz Langer has taken the lead in organizing the events, called “Movember,” which will take place every Wednesday. She looked to past events for inspiration.

“I was thinking about past events we did, back to elementary school, and I just kind of thought it would be fun to do in high school,” she said. “Also I wanted to bring awareness to (men’s cancer), because not many people recognize it as a big thing.”

Today, members of the junior class wore blue clothes to raise awareness. Next Wednesday, the junior class is having a “socksgiving.”

“You bring a pair of socks to wear a pair of socks,” Langer said.

Students can bring a pair of socks to donate, and in return can wear a pair of “crazy” socks for the day.

“We are going to donate the socks to the Rainbow Kitchen downtown, which is a homeless shelter,” she said. “Socks are the number one item that homeless shelters need.”

On Nov. 23, students can wear their BHS clothes for “Baldwin Pride,” and on Nov. 30, students should wear their holiday apparel for “Christmas in Movember.”