Houser creates military interest club

Houser+created+this+club+so+that+students+can+get+more+information+about+how+to+get+involved+and+how+to+pursue+possible+military+plans+after+high+school.+

Houser created this club so that students can get more information about how to get involved and how to pursue possible military plans after high school.

Kenzie Hirt and Eliza Swanson

Junior Maddison Houser’s ancestors date back to being knights in England, and more recently, her grandfather was a deep-sea diver in the Navy and her uncle is a drill sergeant for the Army

Because of that family history, and because she is also interested in joining the Navy, Houser was inspired to start the new Student Interest Military Club for students looking into careers in the military. 

“I went on college visits and they had ROTC clubs, but what really irritated me was that they did not provide a lot of in-depth information,” Houser said.

Houser is creating this club so that students can get more information about how to get involved and how to pursue possible military plans after high school. 

“My goal is to give students who are interested a chance to talk to people with similar interests and give them more of an opportunity to achieve their goals,” Houser said. 

The club’s first meeting will be held on April 27 from 3 to 5 p.m. in the North Atrium. 

“I am extremely lucky to have this opportunity, and it is good for the school and the military to introduce opportunities to these kids,” Houser said.