It’s OK not to be sure of your future

There is no shame in going to any type of college or not going to college at all.

Grace Spozarski, Multimedia Editor

From as early as I can remember, I could not wait to grow up. The thought of living on my own, managing my own life, and being in full control of my decisions excited me to no end. 

However, as I do grow up, I find myself struggling to decide what cereal I want in the morning. How am I supposed to choose what I want to do for the rest of my life if I don’t know what I want for breakfast? 

As a junior in high school, I would be lying if I said my future was not one of my main worries. But I am here today to tell you that while you cannot put life off, and time does not in fact stop, you don’t have to be certain of everything you want right away. 

I think community college has a bad reputation. Too many people are focused on the Ivy League schools, or making sure they go to the perfect college. There is no shame in going to any type of college or not going to college at all. Everyone’s life is different and it is important to live happily for yourself before dwelling on the outlook of yourself to other people. 

Community college is a good option if you are not too sure what your future holds. It can save some money, and it can provide you with a general degree that can be used and transferable credits as well. 

Community college is a good option if you are not too sure what your future holds.

Finances are another huge and important factor in picking a college or future for oneself. We can all have dreams and goals as far as the eyes can see, but unfortunately reality can have different ideals. 

Is important to remember that anything is possible if worked for, and even if that takes more time it is okay. Successful futures are not written in stone. Even some of the most famous celebrities began their careers from working double shifts at their day job and then ended up walking the red carpet years later.

Sometimes it is hard to achieve what you want right away. That is a normal part of life, and nothing to be ashamed of. It is difficult to be confident in your decisions if they do not fit some stereotype; however, the most important thing to do is to make decisions for yourself. You are the only person who will be living your future.