2 students win international travel scholarships

Junior Ayushma Neopaney and sophomore Yuba Poudel have won global travel scholarships through the World Affairs Council of Pittsburgh.

Amanda Booth and Simran Rijal

Junior Ayushma Neopaney has always been interested in exploring other countries. This summer, she will get her chance. 

Neopaney and sophomore Yuba Poudel have won global travel scholarships through the World Affairs Council of Pittsburgh. Neopaney will be going to France.

“I am excited to be in another country. It is a good opportunity and I am really excited to explore,” Neopaney said.

She chose France because has plans to study French culture throughout college to hopefully lead to business opportunities. 

“I want to go into international business. I think they have really good relations, France and the United States. I thought it would be useful in the future,” Neopaney said. 

Poudel, meanwhile, will go to Germany to learn more about international relations. 

“That is what I want to study once I get into college,” Poudel said. 

Poudel has always wanted to travel internationally and plans on continuing to explore other countries in the future. 

“Yes, more of the European countries and Asian countries as well – specifically, Japan, China, and Korea,” Poudel said.