High School Musical series switches gears in second season

Series+2+looks+to+be+moving+in+a+different+direction%2C+with+the+series+straying+from+solely+High+School+Musical+music.+

Series 2 looks to be moving in a different direction, with the series straying from solely “High School Musical” music.

Taslima Chapagai, Staff Writer

Season 2 of Disney’s High School Musical: The Musical: The Series has started off on a mediocre note.

The first episode recently aired on Disney+.

This opening episode is filled with drama involving the main characters and new problems that arise with the new musical and the main character Nini moving away.

For season 1, the series re-created the original High School Musical 1 movie, but season 2 starts by moving in a new direction. The characters announce their musical this season will be Beauty and the Beast — rather than any of the iconic musicals from the movie trilogy.

The first episode could have been a lot more exciting. It was like any other episode that could have been in season 1; it did not give the viewers the excitement they could have had from watching the first episode of a new season of a show.

For season 1, most of their viewers came in because they saw that the show would be re-creating the well-known High School Musical movies. Having the characters work on a different musical could bring more viewers in.

Overall, this new season either could be a huge hit because it is different from season 1, or it could fail because of those differences.