Live On offers realistic look at high school

Photo via Google

The drama also talks about school violence and how that affects students as well as emotions. It displays an accurate example of how high school really is and what goes on.

Sneha Bhandari, Staff Writer

Instead of the serious, love cliché, and happy atmosphere of most South Korean dramas, Live On is refreshing and realistic.

The show focuses mainly on Baek Ho Rang, a popular girl who has a secret about when she was younger. Someone is trying to reveal that secret, so she decides to join her school’s broadcasting club and gets help to find the culprit. 

She meets Go Eun Taek, the leader of the broadcasting club, and they are not on good terms. Later on, they work together to improve the club with her popularity and also find the person who is threatening her. 

Ho Rang and Eun Taek slowly fall for each other and work through their issues. There are other romances among students and family issues that get in the way of how each person feels, which adds more depth to the story. 

Although the drama has heart-fluttering moments, the storyline is rushed, so some scenes are not as meaningful as they should be portrayed. The plot also is straightforward; it does not have turning points. 

Live On has a total of eight episodes and people can find the show available for streaming on Viki and Dramahood. 

Overall, Live On shows that people should overcome their fears and live in the moment.