Inline hockey stays perfect with a win over Pine-Richland

Photo via Wikimedia Commons under Creative license

Baldwin’s inline hockey team remains undefeated as they won their last game.

Lena Barakat, Magazine Editor

Baldwin’s inline hockey team kept its record perfect on Saturday by defeating Pine-Richland, 3-2. 

Junior Carson Gnazzo said he had high hopes going into the game. Those hopes were realized as he scored one of Baldwin’s goals, with assists from senior Zak Sealey and junior JD Dettlinger. 

“We have played Pine-Richland before and won,” Gnazzo said. “Our team has really great chemistry and I didn’t think for a second that we wouldn’t win the game.” 

The score was close for the majority of the game, but the team pulled together at the end to ensure a win. 

“At the beginning of the game, we played down to Pine-Richland’s level when we should’ve been blowing them out,” Gnazzo said. “But Alex Golvash scored the game-winner and brought us back to where we needed to be.” 

Also scoring for Baldwin was sophomore Matthew O’Malley.

The win pushed Baldwin’s record to 10-0. Looking toward the rest of the season, the team feels confident in their skills and has little to improve on. 

“For the rest of our season there isn’t much we need to work on,” Gnazzo said. “We need to focus on taking fewer penalties, but everything else has been great so far.” 

The team plays West Allegheny this coming weekend and believes they have a great shot at making it to championships once again. 

“We’ve made it to championships for the past four years and I definitely think we’ll be going again,” Gnazzo said. “We’re over halfway through the season and still haven’t lost a game, so it’s looking awesome.”