Wodarek sisters dominate cheer competition

Photo via Pixabay

Senior Alaina Wodarek and freshman Ava Wodarek both medaled in individual competitions.

Ethan Coulehan, Staff Writer

The judges were seeing double at South Park’s Eagle Cup cheerleading championships over the weekend, as sisters senior Alaina Wodarek and freshman Ava Wodarek both medaled in individual competitions.

Alaina Wodarek took first place in the tumble off category, a competition which she frequently dominates. Ava, the freshman, took first in the jump competition.

The Baldwin team, meanwhile, came in first place in the mat competition and second in the game day competition. 

Junior Lexi Utzig loved how well the team performed on Saturday. Her group came in second place in the stunt off, losing to Penn Trafford. Sophomores Ryan Bigley, Lindsay Molinero, and Jordan Gremba also were in the group.  

“We performed really well together,” Utzig said. “We showed a lot of confidence. We showed great characteristics of winning.”

Overall, Utzig thought that the team did well and is excited for the rest of their competition season.

“I think we have a really good team. If we can keep working hard as a team we could do really well in WPIALs,” Utzig said.  

Bladwin’s next competition is the WPIALs on Jan. 4.