Dolan generates energy on field

Back to Article
Back to Article

Dolan generates energy on field

Dolan prides himself on creating energy for the Baldwin baseball team and being a leader on and off the field.

Liam Belan

Liam Belan

Liam Belan

Liam Belan and Johnny Staley

Former New York Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter prided himself on being one of the great winners, leaders and teammates.

Junior Nick Dolan has modeled his style of play and the way he conducts himself after Jeter.
“Derek Jeter is named one of the best shortstops to ever play the game, and that is a title that I work to maybe achieve one day,” Dolan said.

Dolan prides himself on creating energy for the Baldwin baseball team and being a leader on and off the field, just like Jeter did in his playing days.

“I plan on keeping the energy high while on the field and in the dugout along with keeping everyone’s heads held high, even when they go through rough times during the season,” Dolan said.

Senior Andy Sopata notices all of the positive energy Dolan provides to the team.

“Nick not only leads by example, but will always try and get his teammates’ spirits up with motivation,” Sopata said.

Dolan began playing baseball when he was 5 years old, and he fell in love with it instantly, he said.
He has been playing for the high school team since his freshman year.

Dolan had a strong year last season, and was able to solidify his position as starting shortstop for his junior season.

“Being a shortstop comes with the on-field responsibilities, and the responsibility of being a leader,” Dolan said. “I have to be able to lead the infield on and off the field.” Sopata said.

Dolan has high hopes for the team following a hard-working offseason.

“We have worked hard this whole offseason, and I have no doubt that we will bring that onto the field for this year,” Dolan said.

Dolan has earned some Division I interest, and has been talking to a few Division I schools about the future of his career.

“I think Nick is looking to have great success as a collegiate athlete with his attitude and gameplay,” Sopata said.

Overall, Dolan is mainly focused on his current team’s success rather than his future career.
“My main goal is to get a spot in the playoffs, and work for that sectional and WPIAL title,” Dolan said.

About the Contributors
Liam Belan, Multimedia Editor

Multimedia Editor Liam is a senior and this is his third year on the Purbalite. He plays soccer and is constantly watching or playing sports. He also enjoys...

Johnny Staley, Staff Writer

Johnny is a senior and a second-year staff writer on the Purbalite. He is a track athlete and loves watching sports in his free time. He likes to write...