Powder Puff teams gear up for Friday showdown

Fiona Selden and Natalie Zgurich

With the Powder Puff flag football game set for Friday night at the stadium, the junior and senior girls are getting excited for their big game.

Senior Meghan Bradley played last year but said this year just has a different vibe to it.

“It’s more fun and more organized this year, and I have confidence in our team,” Bradley said.

The juniors, however, expressed confidence that they would do well during this year’s game. Junior Briana Bandola has been playing flag football since eighth grade and said that the training for the game is going well.

“We’ve been going over plays and everyone’s picking it up,” Bandola said.

The senior team will be coached by Nelton Neal, a Baldwin football assistant coach and husband of science teacher Stephanie Neal. The juniors are coached by physical education teacher Chris Crighton. Baldwin football players are helping coach each squad.

Senior Dre Howell, who is helping coach the seniors, said the squad has been “practicing like crazy, even on Saturdays and Sundays.” Howell even predicted the seniors would score “half a hundred” points.

Junior Naseer Penn, a football player who is helping coach the junior team, was equally confident that the juniors will win.

“There is no doubt in my mind that the junior squad will crush the seniors,” Penn said.

Game time is 7 p.m. Friday. The cost is $2 for students and $5 for adults.

About the Writers
Fiona Selden, Staff Writer

Fiona Selden is a senior and first-year staff writer. She enjoys reading books, listening to music, and watching everything from TV shows to movies to...

Natalie Zgurich, Sports Editor

Sports Editor Natalie Zgurich is a senior and in her third year on the Purbalite. She is most likely on the tennis court or walking her dog. She also...