Curly hair and bangs come together for new style

Of course, bangs come in a variety of options but recently curly bangs have been particularly trendy to wear. Curly bangs are meant to be out of control and volumized but still looking fashionable.

Photo via PxHere under Creative Common License.

Astrid Senko, Staff Writer

Curly hair and bangs have always been seen as separate styles in the fashion industry, but recently a particular style combining the two has become a major trend.

Junior Hannah Kadrie likes the trend.

“Curly hair is already so much fun. So why not add bangs?” Kadrie said.

Many celebrities have been seen wearing their hair in this unique style. Among the celebrities making the statement are Taylor Swift and Zendaya.

But recently, this style has been becoming more mainstream, even making its way to Baldwin.

“It’s really cool because I’ve had curly hair my entire life, and when I was little my mother decided to give me bangs, so I just stuck with it because it was so different from everyone else” junior Dominique DiDomenico said.

Kadrie likes the distinct look.

“Curly bangs is a great style because because it’s messy. I love that it just goes wherever it wants” she said.

Both students believe that people with naturally curly hair should should feel confident to embrace what they have. They hope that this style will inspire new students to step out of the social norm.

“Curly hair will never look perfect and it never will be, but that is what makes it so great, being able to embrace imperfection” Kadrie said.