Students enjoy Baldwin Bean

Students enjoy new Baldwin Bean coffee shop

Cassie Snyder and Kim Samuel

Following Friday’s grand opening of the Baldwin Bean, the coffee shop opened today to students during first and second periods for the first day of regular operations.

Joyce Weber, food service director for the district, works with vocational internship students as well as students in business classes to run the establishment. Students on Monday said they like the space.

“The Bean is cozy, casual and comfortable, and it is a great place to hang out, relax and get school work done during free periods,” senior Nick Vargo said.

Weber said the first day of regular operations was a success, with the only minor issue being the delayed arrival of students working at the coffee shop on this first day.

Customers on Monday were happy.

“The coffee serves as a nice refreshing pick-me-up in the morning to start the school day,” junior Gemma Gurcak said. “ It’s good coffee and I’m glad it’s here.”

Senior Princess Conteh agreed.

“The Baldwin Bean is a huge upgrade for the high school. It’s really going to help out the students,” Conteh said.

The most popular drinks so far have been iced latte, flavored iced tea and cold brew.

While the Bean currently only is open first and second period, Weber said those hours could be expanded in the future.

Cassie Snyder

Cassie Snyder
New Baldwin Bean coffee mug

Cassie Snyder
Students order drinks at Baldwin Bean

Cassie Snyder
Students make drinks at Baldwin Bean

About the Contributors
Cassie Snyder, Features Editor

Cassie Snyder is a junior and a Features Editor for the Purbalite. She participates in the color guard and school musical. You can find her clueless at all times and robot dancing to no music.

Kim Samuel, Staff Writer

Kim Samuel is a junior and first-year staff writer. She likes drawing, her favorite author is Stephen King and she can be found watching Netflix.