Baldwin prepares to fall into Homecoming Week

Back to Article
Back to Article

Cassie Snyder and Kim Samuel

Homecoming Week starts Monday, and the pep rally that day will revolve around homecoming’s fall theme, with bobbing for apples and pumpkin relay races among the activities planned. Students are asked to dress in different colors based on their grade, and each grade is asked to sit together.

“I think this is a fun new idea that will help boost school spirit and morale and will look cool when seen in the gym bleachers,” junior class prom chair Bradyn Stephenson said.

The class colors for Monday are: seniors, purple; juniors, blue; sophomores, yellow; freshmen, red.

After Monday’s kickoff pep rally and color-based clothing theme, the rest of the week will feature familiar ideas, with an attempt to incorporate more student involvement.

“I think these are fun themes that people will participate in and help everyone get excited for homecoming,” Stephenson said.

Homecoming Week also includes the homecoming carnival at Paynter Elementary on Thursday night, the football game Friday, and the homecoming dance on Saturday. Dance tickets are $10 and will be sold through Wednesday.

“I’m very excited that students are driven to make homecoming and the events leading up to it the best it can be,” junior class sponsor Kate Deemer said.  

The rest of the week’s themes include:

Tuesday: Dress as Your Favorite Character — superheroes, movie characters, or historical figures.

Wednesday: Wear crazy socks.

Thursday: Twin Day.

Friday: Wear Camo for game day.

About the Writers
Cassie Snyder, Features Editor

Cassie Snyder is a junior and a Features Editor for the Purbalite. She participates in the color guard and school musical. You can find her clueless at...

Kim Samuel, Staff Writer

Kim Samuel is a junior and first-year staff writer. She likes drawing, her favorite author is Stephen King and she can be found watching Netflix.

1 Comment

One Response to “Baldwin prepares to fall into Homecoming Week”

1. Bette Snyder on September 29th, 2018 3:03 pm

Good use of direct quotes. Too many stories don’t have them and that’s what makes them dull. And with today’s cellphone technology, direct quotes are easy to get! Love the picture, too.