Lip art allows people to be more creative

Brianna Rodriguez, Staff Writer

Makeup always has been a type of art that expresses a person’s character and personality. For the past few years lip art has let people take a different approach toward makeup, and has let them bring out their creative side.

Lip art is different from any other kind of makeup because it is crazy, fun, and appealing to look at. It is applied with brushes, glitter, liquid lipstick, and of course ordinary lipstick. But it is applied in a more fun and creative way.

Lip art videos can be found on Instagram or YouTube with beauty gurus creating different designs on their lips.

Some examples of lip art are inspired by holidays, movies, albums, and sports. There are many other cool lip designs, such as galaxy, animal print, or even food.

These crazy designs are not something that one would typically wear out for a normal day. However, there are certain events that are dedicated to lip art.

For instance, there is a lip art contest, at which the best designs are nominated and then a winner is named. Also, modeling is a great way to show off lip art.

Sophomore Carly Redding likes lip art.

“I think it is a cool way to express yourself through makeup. I feel like women try so hard to look pretty with a full face of makeup, rather than focusing on just having fun and being comfortable in our skin,” Redding said.

Sophomore Gemma Gurcak has a different outlook on lip art.

“Lip art is very appealing to look at. But it is not useful because it is not something to wear outside of the house,” Gurcak said.

Lip art is not something that will be seen throughout the halls in school, or even on the streets downtown. However, lip art does take a more creative approach to makeup, and allows people to have fun.