Hairs whats happening at Baldwin

Hair pic

Friends fade into new look: Lots of teenagers have similar haircuts, although what makes many styles unique is a personal twist. In Baldwin, a popular male hairstyle is the fade, consisting of shaved sides and longer hair on top. Sophomore Louie Brown is among the many to model the haircut. Brown began getting the cut in November 2015 because he thought it was different and new. Alongside Louie, friends Joel Harding, Jaqwon Parker, Jauntay Moran, Amir Muhammad, and Charles Harris share the hairstyle with their own individual spins. Carter, Muhammad, and Harris all sport blond tips and Harding has short dreadlocks in the style of a fade.

Zach Brown

Hairstyle ready for The Weeknd: A lot of people in high school seem to follow trends in style. Senior Zach Brown has grown out his hair for the last year and a half simply for his own personal enjoyment of the style. Brown said a lot of people give him feedback regarding his hair, and they have all been positive. He has even gotten compliments from strangers in public before. As far as styling, usually it is just in its natural state, but he said sometimes he rocks the man bun. Brown also said he gets told he looks like the R&B singer The Weeknd.

HunterG-Eazy

Being G-Eazy isn’t easy: Patience is a virtue, and senior Hunter Humphreys had a unique way of testing his own patience: growing out his hair. “I think the ultimate goal at first was how patient I could be, but when I got bored with it, that’s when I decided to dye it,” Humphreys said. His G-Eazy-inspired cut provokes a lot of commentary. He said that people either say that they like it, are rude, or make weird comments on it. Regardless of anyone else’s opinion, Humphreys plans on keeping the style and may even dye it his college’s colors, though he is debating whether he really wants green hair for Slippery Rock.

She has tips about style: Instead of conforming to the typical hairstyles of many American teenagers, freshman Shaleese Jackson enjoys standing out. The past two months Jackson has gone through three different colors for her tips, and often she matches her hairstyles to her outfits and makeup. Jackson had green tips in March, and previously has had purple and blue. Next year, she plans to color all of her hair burgundy, amber and mint green. Jackson draws inspiration from Lilly Singh, Zendaya, and Kylie Jenner while adding her own special twist. Even though her parents weren’t overly supportive of her choice to dye her hair, they accepted it and supported it. Jackson has gotten a lot of positive feedback from her peers, and enjoys being unique in her hairstyle.

Bright hair brings new attitude: Many of those who are introverted choose to not draw attention to themselves through their styles, but freshman Shayla Kraft is not one of them. In the summer of 2015, Kraft decided to step out of the box and dive into vibrant hair colors. Although Kraft’s parents weren’t very supportive of the decision, they have grown to accept it. The freshman has gone through red, orange, black/brown, blue, green, purple, and now pink. Kraft does all of the dyeing alone, and is actually allergic to the bleach that is used before a hair color is changed. The attention that comes with standing out has led Kraft to become more open to receiving attention from others.

New hues nothing new: Many high schools students dye their hair, but few have been doing it since elementary school. Freshman Kellie McBeth became bored with her brunette hair at a young age. Since fourth grade, McBeth has had her hair dyed blue, teal, purple, and most recently pink. She has also had orange and blonde tips. Her parents have supported her decision to dye her hair, and her mom actually does it for her. Next she would like to dye her hair a dark red, and in the future she may dye it half one color and half another.