MBM Contracting

MBM Contracting

WNBA Rookies Adjusting to the New Environment

Image via WNBA

Many greats from college women’s basketball have recently started their careers in the WNBA, with some rising to the occasion and some looking like they will need time to adjust to this different environment. 

Caitlin Clark, the player with the highest profile coming out of the past college season, has been frustrated with her performances so far. She has just started to adjust to the pro game.

Clark has only one 30-point game, which used to be easy for her to do in college. She and her Indiana Fever teammates have lost four out of five games. She will have to make the adjustment of going from one of the best women’s college teams to one of the worst WNBA teams. 

Despite the team’s losses, she has played a good number of minutes every game, along with having a consistent amount of assists. 

Former LSU star Angel Reese has risen to the occasion with the Chicago Sky and has stayed tough throughout every game. Her new teammate is Kamilla Cardoso, and they have played well together, as it has been tough for other teams to guard these two powerful forwards. 

Other players like Kate Martin, originally from Iowa, and Nika Muhl, originally from UConn, have done well on the defensive side. Martin has two blocks in her past three games for the Las Vegas Aces, and Muhl makes it hard for many offensive players to score on her Seattle Storm team.

Overall, these players have had to make adjustments to playing the pros. But by the end of the season, these players are expected to get into the flow of things, which will help make the WNBA more popular than it ever has been.