Cirrus Advisors

Cirrus Advisors

Tennessee is the favorite in College World Series

The College World Series is played each June in Omaha, Nebraska. Image via Google

As shown in the release of the bracket for the College World Series, the SEC is by far the best conference in college baseball.

The Southeastern Conference has a record 11 teams in the field this year, headlined by the top three overall seeds: Tennessee, Kentucky, and Texas A&M. The other SEC teams that will be hosting regionals are No. 5 Arkansas and No.7 Georgia.

The Volunteers are led by infielders Christian Moore and Blake Burke, who both post batting averages over .370.

The heavy favorite is Tennessee. They are one of the hottest teams in the country after winning the very tough SEC. The Volunteers are led by infielders Christian Moore and Blake Burke, who both post batting averages over .370.

Another team that could bring home the title in Omaha is Arkansas. The Razorbacks are the best pitching team in college baseball, posting the best team ERA in the country at 3.66. The Razorbacks are led by the best pitcher in the nation in Hagen Smith, who has a record of 9-1 while fanning 154 batters on the year.

Among the other top players in the tournament are Charlie Condon from Georgia, who leads D1 in home runs and batting average; Jac Caglione from Florida, a two-way superstar who is one of the best pitchers in the country when healthy; and Vance Honeycutt, who led North Carolina to the No.4 overall seed while hitting 22 home runs and stealing 28 bases.

Some of the sleepers that could make a run to Omaha are the Duke Blue Devils and the Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles. These teams are both pretty hot due to winning their conference tournaments. Along with that they each have the hitting and pitching ability to make a run.