Matt O’Malley, inline hockey

December 15, 2020

Although the shutdown of high school sports will keep the team from being able to hold practices, players believe there will be little effect on the teams momentum and abilities. 

Photo submitted by Matt O'Malley,

Although the shutdown of high school sports will keep the team from being able to hold practices, players believe there will be little effect on the team’s momentum and abilities. 

With the inline hockey team starting its season with a 10-0 record, sophomore Matthew O’Malley is anxious to get back on the rink. 

“I’m confident that all the players on the team are physically fit and know the game well, so we won’t be affected much,” O’Malley said. “All of the other teams are being affected by this shutdown as well, so everyone is in the same boat.” 

O’Malley still plans to practice on his own so he’s ready to play at his full potential when the shutdown ends. 

“I will continue to shoot pucks in my driveway and go to outdoor rinks to skate around,” O’Malley said. “I’m sure other players on my team are doing the same things to stay in shape.” 

O’Malley has high hopes that all of the missed games will be added to the end of the schedule, and that the playoffs and championships will simply be pushed back a few weeks.