LeBron James becomes more valuable with age

Arlen Hooks, Staff Writer

If you ask the 7 billion people who make up the world’s population where they were on July 8, 2010 most wouldn’t even be able to recall the slightest detail about that day.

However, if you pinpoint a Cleveland located in Ohio and ask that exact same question, the people would immediately start to shed a tear or drop to their knees like their hearts were just ripped out

July 8, 2010, was the day that LeBron James “took his talents to South Beach” and abandoned his hometown to form a super team and go ring chasing in Miami.

After winning two coveted championships in four years, he decided to heal Cleveland’s broken heart and return to Cleveland with one goal in mind.

James wanted to end the 50-year sports championship drought and regain the love and support of place he called home for the first 26 years of his life.

Last season, James achieved his goal and led a 3-1 series comeback to defeat the heavily favored Golden State Warriors.

Now entering this current season at 31 years of age, sports analysts began to question how much energy he would have left in the tank after leading professional teams since the ripe age of 19.

This season LeBron played the most minutes since the 2013-2014 season, and he still managed to average 26 points a game.

No one dare questions if “the King” is still the best player in the game, but he has not had the title of MVP since the year 2013. Players like Durant, Leonard, and Westbrook are quickly nipping at his heels.

Following Game 2, former NBA Finals MVP Paul Pierce praised Kevin Durant stating, “He may be the best player in the world.”

With James participating in his seventh straight finals, he has only been favored once. Now, against a Warriors super team, this will be the true test of how much LeBron has left to give.

The Warriors routed the Cavaliers in Games One and Two by causing Cleveland to give up 29 turnovers, and winning by a margin of 41 points. However, James still managed to claw out 57 points, 26 rebounds, and 22 assists.  He even contributed a triple double during the 19-point loss in Game 2.

James seems to thrive under pressure, so as the latest edition of Cleveland/Warriors trilogy kicks into gear, just sit back, relax, and marvel at the King.