Modern Magnolia

Transitions Fair welcomes students with disabilities

By Elaina DePetro

It time again of the annual Transitions Fair. The Transitions Fair will take place Thursday, Nov. 15, from 6 to 8 p.m. in the BHS gymnasium. This event is open to students with disabilities from all school districts and their families who are age 14 and older.

This year the event will have over 40 tables of information for all ability levels and disability groups.  Organizations include Office of Vocal Rehabilitation, ACHIEVA, Miracle League of Baseball, ACCESS, Bidwell Training Center, and many more. There will also be two breakout sessions titled “Transition from High School to College” at 6:30 p.m. and “Adult Training Facilities and Pre-Vocational Training” at 7:15 p.m. To attend please RSVP to Eric Jankoski, the transitions coordinator at BHS, at 412-885-7500 X8076 or [email protected].

“This is a great opportunity for students with disabilities  and their families to meet a variety of schools, agencies, and programs that support students with disabilities after graduation from high school,” Jankoski said in an email.