J&G plumbing

Tennis seniors take their final score

By Israel Bonilla

Even though the girl’s tennis team didn’t make it to the playoffs this year, they stuck together as a team and persevered through the season.

“It was a harder a year for us this season, since new and harder teams were moved into our section. But we all played like a team and we were all supportive of each other,” senior Taylor Czarny said.

Czarny and Marie Lux are the only two seniors on the team this year.

Czarny pointed to one specific game as her season highlight.

“Beating West Allegheny was a big thing for me because they were number one and I beat the girl that I lost to early in the year,” she said.

Junior Desiree Allridge said the seniors would be missed.

“The highlight of the year for me was the Senior Rec,” she said. “We laughed as a team and we cried as a team. It’s really sad that they have to leave.”

Despite falling short of the playoffs this year, the team has a good look for next year, with a talented handful of juniors coming back next year.

Allridge, Kayla Carr, Jackie Marx, and Allie Clahrety are the juniors who are coming back next year. Their experience should lead the younger players in the right direction as the team looks to win more matches.

“If everyone works hard and gives it their best, then they should be really good next year,” Czarny said.