GiannaVias

Award-winning journalist addresses newspaper, broadcast students

BY HANNAH KAIL

Staff Writer

Students interested in a career in journalism and communications had the opportunity today to listen to and interact with award-winning documentary producer, talk show host and journalist Chris Moore.

Moore, who works for WQED and PCNC television and KDKA radio, shared video clips of past projects and offered advice to the students.

“Keep people reacting to you. Be an idea person. You need to have a healthy sense of curiosity to figure out how things work and what they do,” Moore said.

Moore also emphasized the importance of reading and staying informed on current events. He explained that in his field of work, the sharpness of his mind is his most important tool for success.

Above all, he urged students to work hard for what they want and not be afraid to go out of their comfort zone.

“Find something you love to do and then figure out a way to get paid for it,” Moore said.

Award-winning journalist Chris Moore addresses newspaper and broadcast students on Tuesday. Photo by Mikaela Thorne