What to Binge Watch: Ladybug and Chat Noir gain a new audience

Six years after its release, Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir has skyrocketed in popularity.

Tumi Ojo, Staff Writer

The four-season television series takes on the challenges of being a high school student and a superhero, all while mixing in romance and action-packed highlights. Debuting in 2015, it’s still gaining interest from various age groups globally. 

Every Miraculous Ladybug fan has to thank the master behind it all, Thomas Astruc, a storyboard artist and an animator most known for his work in the series. 

In the show, superheroes Chat Noir and Miraculous Ladybug keep their home, Paris France, safe from crime. Both superheroes live life as normal teenagers, attending the same local high school where they go by their real names, Adrien and Marinette. 

Marinette, also known as Ladybug, can be characterized as shy, awkward, and lovestruck for Adrien Agreste, who is actually her partner, As Ladybug, Marinette is the exact opposite of herself: slick, strong, determined, and fearless. 

Adrien is characterized as friendly, rich, and caring. Chat Noir, meanwhile, is flirty, cocky, sly, and loves Ladybug. 

The two aren’t aware of one another’s true identities, so they fight together as superheroes without knowing that they are alongside their love interest.

Overall, Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir is definitely worth the watch.