AltusGroup

Annual Turkey Fund Drive trots in

BY BECKY TERLESKI

Staff Writer

The Annual Turkey Fund Drive is just around the corner, and teachers are prepared to dress up and collect pails full of spare change for a good cause.

For the past eight to ten years, Baldwin has participated in the Turkey Fund Drive, raising money to provide needy families with a Thanksgiving meal. Students can put money into a pail for a teacher who is in costume, helping them to win by raising the most money.

When taken to PNC Bank, the amount raised by the teachers is doubled by the bank which results in about $800 that goes towards the cause.

“It takes $15 to provide a family of four with a meal, and through the event, we are able to serve around 60 meals,” librarian Brigetta Hannah said.

About 20 to 25 teachers participate in the event yearly and “really look forward to it, asking in advance if the fund is going to happen again this year,” Hannah said.

“A lot of big-time costumes show up,” Hannah said. English teacher Michelle Jenkins won last year when English teacher Dan Harrold paired with her to dress as Woody and Jessie from Toy Story.