Spring styles enter with jean jackets, hats

BY ANNALEE KWIATKOWSKI AND ALEXIS SIATKOWSKI
Staff Writers

As weather changes, so do fashion trends.
Winter fashion will soon be a thing of the past now that spring is coming up. Jean jackets, platform sandals, cut-off shoulder shirts, floppy hats and boyfriend jeans are coming into style.
Say goodbye to pea coats and hello to jean jackets. Pea coats are cute, but there will no longer be any need for them when it starts getting warmer outside.
Although jean jackets can be worn just for the sake of looking stylish, they can also be heavier and lined with fleece for those chilly early spring nights, making them ideal for transitional months.
They can also be worn over sweaters, T-shirts or dresses for light layering as the weather becomes warmer.
“Pittsburgh weather is crazy, but jean jackets make it better,” sophomore Katie Savage said.
High leather riding boots are out now that platform sandals are coming into style. There will not be a need for knee-high boots to protect against the harsh weather when winter is out and the weather warms up.
High platform sandals allow the perfect half-way transition from boot to flip flop, with their thick leather straps and large base that are perfect for the slowly warming weather.
“Platform sandals are surprisingly really comfortable and super cute,” sophomore Sarah Cooper said.
Cut-off shoulder tops also give the perfect half-way transition from full crewnecks to thinner tank tops.
Sweater or shirt, D.I.Y. or store bought, cut-off shoulders are a must-have for the upcoming months of inconsistent spring weather.
During the spring season, everyone will be back at it again with the white Vans, just like Daniel.
Vans come in a variety of colors and are super stylish. Although they are worn throughout the whole year, they are going to be more in than ever as the warmer months approach.
Although beanies are worn year round, now that floppy hats are back there is no doubt that they will not go out of style anytime soon.
Floppy hats are a trendy way to keep faces shaded from the harsh rays of a sunny spring day.
Skinny jeans were a huge fashion trend during the winter, but now that spring is coming, girls need a new look. Boyfriend jeans do just the trick.
Boyfriend jeans are comfortable and loose, but also look great on just about anyone.
“I love boyfriend jeans. They look and feel great,” sophomore Kaleigh Wisniewski said.
As the seasons continue to change, Baldwin’s student body will stay fierce with these new and stylish trends that are sure to be seen throughout the halls.